CLIENT: Council of the City of Sydney
ARCHITECT: Peter Stutchbury Architecture
PROJECT VALUE: $25.2M
MBA Restoration/Adaptive Re-use of an Historic Building;
MBA Best Use of Timber Award;
AIA NSW Architecture Medallion;
AIA Greenway Award for Heritage;
AIA Public Architecture Award;
AIA Sustainable Architecture Award; and
AIB Professional Excellence Award for Commercial Construction: $25M – $50M
- Public domain works for the Green Square administration building (adjacent to the Matron Ruby Grant Park) to ensure maximum accessibility.
- Creation of a new, open space to include a local scale playground, active play space, shared driveway and a permanent public artwork.
- New trees, planting, lighting and site services.
- Total roof replacement for the heritage-listed Green Infrastructure Centre building, which involved replacing slate tiles and timber roof framing.
- Miscellaneous works such as hydraulic, electrical and fire services.